Information on Funerals and COVID-19
Funeral Options During the Pandemic
Your local funeral home is committed to helping families honor their loved ones in meaningful ways, while ensuring the safety of family and friends. If you’re unable to hold a funeral for your loved one, or if attendance is limited to immediate family, you do have options that can be explored with your funeral director.
At Stockham Family Funeral Home, we recognize that amid this COVID-19 pandemic, we all have fears and concerns for the safety of our families and loved ones. Unfortunately, death and grief do not pause during a crisis. Since 1945, our funeral home has been taking care of members of this community and we stand ready to help you now. We will remain open and our experienced, caring staff will continue assisting families during this critical time.
We are taking precautions to create a safe environment for you to honor those you have lost. In accordance with the State of Kansas and CDC guidelines, the following best practices have been instituted:
- Hand soap and sanitizer will be available for all visitors to the funeral home to use.
- Our staff will practice extreme care in disinfecting all public areas and maintaining proper sanitation of our chapels, equipment and public restrooms.
- Optional avenues for arranging services will be available, including via telephone or video conferencing.
- Funerals, visitations, and other gatherings held in our facility will have the number of attendees limited in accordance to current CDC guidelines.
- Recommended social distancing practices will be encouraged for all visitors to our funeral home.
- Livestreaming of funeral services will be available to families at no additional cost.
We are available 24/7 to answer any questions and concerns you may have and will continue to monitor state regulations, county guidance, WHO and CDC updates. Guidance is also considered from the National Funeral Directors Association and The International Order of the Golden Rule.
Most of all, remember that during times of uncertainty it is important to rely upon one another and to come together as a community. Stockham Family Funeral Home is honored to be a part of the McPherson community and we will do all we can to be there for you throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
Kevin & Tammie Stockham